If not the latest, what is your favorite version of Minecraft?

iGeekFace

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 24, 2019
I personally preferred Minecraft when it was super basic, like right after beta.

froobynooby

Aug 2, 2019
Beta 1.7 really stands out in my memory as a great version, but this might just be because I wasn't a huge fan of beta 1.8. I found the terrain more interesting in 1.7 (and earlier) and feel that after 1.8 everything looked a bit more dull. I also liked not having a hunger bar and being able to fire a bow like a machine gun.

All that said, can't say there's been an update since that I haven't liked.

Reactions: TubaTyler

TubaTyler

Manager
Staff member
Jun 11, 2019
United States
Beta 1.7 really stands out in my memory as a great version, but this might just be because I wasn't a huge fan of beta 1.8. I found the terrain more interesting in 1.7 (and earlier) and feel that after 1.8 everything looked a bit more dull. I also liked not having a hunger bar and being able to fire a bow like a machine gun.

All that said, can't say there's been an update since that I haven't liked.
I totally agree with your comment about 1.8, that's around the time frame that I took a break from Minecraft. Every update between then and now just seemed really small, slow, or boring

Elijahzeal

Staff member
Jun 22, 2019
My favourite has been 1.14 so far. I really enjoy building, so having all of the new black variants is really helpful when it comes to mega builds; it means I can create a better depth field and give a realistic measure to the creations.

MrPistachios

Aug 2, 2019
California
www.neatobuilds.com
so far each update has become my favorite haha, other than all the new lag problems, the new blocks and content has been bringing back a lot of players so my server has become more alive which is usually what makes me enjoy playing so much more

About us

• Welcome to mcforums.com! Our Minecraft Forums are dedicated to preserving the last decade of Minecraft community spirit, as well as promoting the openness and vibrancy of the Minecraft community for many more years to come.

Quick Navigation

User Menu