The essential plugin for Spigot servers.
Why use EssentialsX?
EssentialsX is a continuation of Essentials, updated to support modern Minecraft and Spigot versions.
It provides several performance improvements, new features and bug fixes that are not available in Essentials and Spigot-Essentials.
For more details, see the wiki.
EssentialsX is almost a completely drop-in replacement for Essentials. However, it has different requirements:
- EssentialsX supports Spigot and Paper (recommended) for 1.8.8, 1.9.4, 1.10.2, 1.11.2, 1.12.2, 1.13.2 and 1.14.4, as well as Glowstone.
- EssentialsX works best on Paper, which includes many performance improvements over Spigot.
- EssentialsX requires Vault to enable chat prefix/suffixes and group support if you use a permissions plugin.
- We recommend using LuckPerms as it is a modern, up-to-date plugin with regular updates and bug fixes.
- PermissionsEx and GroupManager are not supported and may lead to undesired behaviour.
- If you don't want to use a permissions plugin, you can change
falsein the EssentialsX config.
- EssentialsX requires Java 8 or higher.
Need help using EssentialsX? Join the MOSS Discord community to ask for help and discuss EssentialsX.
If you need to report a bug or want to suggest a new feature, you can open an issue on GitHub.
Want to help improve EssentialsX? There are numerous ways you can contribute to the project.
If you'd like to donate to the project, feel free to support us on Patreon!
If you can't make a donation, don't worry - there's lots of other ways to help us out:
- Do you run a server? Take a look at our "help wanted" issues on GitHub, where you can report and investigate issues and bugs.
- You can also join the MOSS Discord community and provide support to others.
- Do you speak multiple languages? We'd welcome improvements to our translations on Crowdin.
- Are you a developer? Take a look at our "open to PR" tickets. We're always happy to receive bug fixes and feature additions as pull requests.
By default, EssentialsX sends statistics to bStats. You can opt out in